When It Pays To Be A Smart Buyer
When buying things from E-bay, it’s the responsibility of the shopper to protect his or her identity and well being. That’s why it’s a must for every online shopper to keep in mind some rules on how to buy safely from E-bay so as to avoid frauds, scams, and cheaters.
Here are 15 tips on how to buy safely from E-Bay:
1. The buyer should analyze the item list extensively. It’s a must that the buyer understands every word written on the item list. Buyers should contemplate on the item and its description over and over again before hitting that bid button.
2. It’s a must for every buyers to know the seller’s demographic profile, selling history, and the feedbacks tendered by the other shoppers.
3. Buyers should choose payment schemes that provide utmost protection.
4. Buyers should know how much they will pay for the shipping.
5. It’s a given fact: If it’s too good to be true, chances are the transaction is not worth the buyer’s trust…and money!
6. Even without the intention of selling, it’s a must for every buyer to know the concept behind e-bay’s listing procedures.
7. The “Ask seller a question” link is not there just for the heck of it. The buyer should use it in any way possible. It’s only one way of analyzing if the seller is trustworthy enough.
8. When sending payment, buyers should first confirm the contact information of the seller.
9. Buyers should be extra careful when dealing with foreign sellers. They should take note of the payment scheme required by the seller. If it’s not trustworthy, then it’s best not to proceed with the transaction.
10. When dealing with valuable and expensive items, buyers should use a payment scheme accepted by Escrow.
11. Buyers should insure their items. This will provide protection in the event that the transaction slipped off.
12. By all means, buyers should avoid transaction involving wire money transfers. If a seller insists on this method, chances are, it’s a scam.
13. Buyers should steer clear of sellers that only accept cash-based transactions. This means that the seller has not yet established a reputation in E-bay because he or she is not capable of establishing an account with Escrow.
14. Buyers should be hesitant when considering offers like off-the-E-bay transactions. This kind of transaction is not being protected by E-bay.
15. Buyers should take note of security signs when visiting secured domains. This applies to payment-related web sites.
Related Domains Articles